This is known as an important source of water as well as recreational place.
It is popular among hikers with its walking trail due to long history and the natural environment.
- Location : It lies across five dongs including Hoedong-dong and Seon-dong in Geumjeong-gu and three myeons of Busan
- Scale Area: 2.17k㎡, the area of impoundment: 95,000,000㎥, and the circumference of the lake: approx. 20km
Oryundae indicates beautiful landscape around the Hoedong Reservoir throughout Oryun-dong, Geumjeong-gu. Surrounded by mountains in all directions including nine folding screen-like mountains of Cheolma-myeon in Gijang-gun, this area has striking scenery invoking the vision of a phoenix soaring up from the valleys. That is why it is called ‘Oryundae’.
Hoedong Reservoir Walking Route
- Total distance: 8.7 kilometers (time required: approx. 2.5 hours)
- Dongdaegyo →Myeongjang Water Treatment Plant (Hoedong branch) → Hoedong Dam → Oryundae → Sanghyeon Village
- Guseo Station Exit 2 → Get on Village Bus 3-1 → Get off at Sanghyeon Village
- Jangjeon Station Exit 2 or 4 → Get on Village Bus 5 → Get off at Oryunbondong
- Take Bus 42, 99, or 179 to the last stop in Hoedong-dong → Hoedong Reservoir Management Office (Walk for 10 minutes)